The Viagen DirectPCR DNA Extraction System is a single tube system for the rapid preparation of DNA from mouse tails, ear muffs, yolk sac and culture cells. Patent-pending components developed by scientists at Viagen Biotech Inc. allow the resulting DNA extracts to be compatible with genomic PCR for genotyping. Crude biological sample extracts are not compatible with many molecular biology grade reactions, such as polymerase chain reaction (PCR), in part due to inhibitors contained in crude extracts.
DirectPCR reagents not only mediate rapid lysis of biological samples but also contain inhibitors that effectively suppress the inhibitory activities of crude lysates for PCR amplification while maximizing the integrity of released genomic DNA. The simple, patent-pending procedure completely eliminates any tube opening or solution transfer steps, giving you substantial additional time.
1. Lyse the glues in DirectPCR Lysis Reagent.
2. Incubate for 45 min at 85 ° C.
3. Genotyping by PCR with 1 µl lysates.
Detailed protocols: tail, ear, yolk sac, and cultured cells.
The DirectPCR system offers advantages over conventional protocols including:
· Time saving: less practical time. Crude glue lysates for PCR!
· Saving money: profitable reactions.
· Safe: No organic reagents.
Environmental: Less waste (organic reagents, tubes, tips, etc …)
· Reliable and efficient: Practically 100% success rate with high returns.